• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Windmills/solar panels (alternative power options?)

Thread starter #1

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
A way to power stuff or run minimal equipment. Charge during the day...use during the night. Clouds and what not would effect the amount of power. Dont make it where you can run your entire house off of it every night but maybe if you have a solar panel make it where your generator uses less fuel or something. Or maybe you can charge your power tools with the solar power or something

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
An idea that might work is having car/Rv/boat batteries trickle charge from the panels each day and having it take several days.

Thread starter #4

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
i can see how it would take away the fun. Whats the fun in using free energy in a game...the whole point is to have to gather supplies to run your stuff.

Thread starter #7

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
make the solar panels rare...make them craftable but make one of the parts in the solar panel rare to find. Like a special battery or something

Thread starter #10

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
i would limit it to only be used for little stuff...maybe the plant lights or power tools or maybe a hot water heater and a hot shower boosts your mentallity or something

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
i would limit it to only be used for little stuff...maybe the plant lights or power tools or maybe a hot water heater and a hot shower boosts your mentallity or something
Maybe only be able to charge batteries, and make them super rare? It would also limit the number of things that could be ran.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Yeah this idea was also talked about on steam discussion but was heavily talked down on because of possible exploits and just overall OPness. But I guess there's probably an easy solution for exploiting and I mean its a pretty good idea for SLOWLY recharging batteries, but not running fridges and ovens..

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Yeah this idea was also talked about on steam discussion but was heavily talked down on because of possible exploits and just overall OPness. But I guess there's probably an easy solution for exploiting and I mean its a pretty good idea for SLOWLY recharging batteries, but not running fridges and ovens..
I mean its worth tampering with.

Jonathon Dyson

Backer
I like the idea, but maybe have it so that they can only connect to one source.. ie No daisy chaining. This could be controlled by having a limited regulator.
Here is an example:

Noah

Backer
Obviously a side suggestion to one already made,

Besides giant bulky solar-panels that need to sit on top of a house all day, why not a portable one...? Gives reasons to move around and also can keep that awesome walkie-talkie you picked up from somewhere... or something charged. (Possibly) Gives reason for rechargeable stuff.

Make this thing a rarer find.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I like the idea, but maybe have it so that they can only connect to one source.. ie No daisy chaining. This could be controlled by having a limited regulator.
Here is an example:
I like it because there are so many parts to obtain

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
You have to remember though the smaller surface area a panel is the less sunlight it'll absorb. The less sunlight, the less energy produced as a circumstance.