• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

With the addition of vehicles coming soon head tracking seems like a good idea

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I can see it being quite useful particularly on boats assuming there's no bob effect lol. Wont catch me playing VR with a boat 'barf'. Is head tracking been considered for future implementation? With car physics looking quite realistic makes sense to add head tracking.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I like the idea, but is it too much for a small company to make happen? It might mean a whole game rewrite again. Who's to say that might not have to happen. But Alpha should be just around the corner and I'm seeing less servers available to play on since last year. I'd like to see @a2z(Interactive); get a few more payers/players onboard before they look at the VR stuff.

There's the question of which system(s) to support, the amount of extra coding involved. I know, I worked in VR in the 1990's. It was hard then, and it's hard now.

But perhaps there's another way … perhaps some key definitions to look round? What do you think?

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
There was aus servers, they were spun down to save $'s. Im sure they'll be back once player counts increase. It didn't occur to me tracking support would be a hard thing to implement, better to not have it at all than a hack job that's never worked well. There's always 3rd party tools for players to run externally. As for VR it was added to Subnautica as an afterthought and they had alot of issues, not sure its such a good idea.