• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

YOUR AD HERE! (Fake ones of course) :)

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Here is my try at one. :)

This was really my first attempt with using masks, getting a lot better as I experiment and working on a new one (also fixed typo and the stupid amount of spaces before "HVAC").

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

fonnymunkey

Backer
I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but something like this should be somewhere in the game, whether as a billboard or hidden as graffiti on a building. a2z.png

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
@JB_ , what are the "in-game" dimensions of the sign surface (for example, 4ft x 12ft)? I'm adding a wood board background to my above image but would like it to appear "to scale". Whether I decide to make the boards look like 2x4's or 2x6's or 2x8's, I'd like them to appear accurate. I can't really tell from the billboard prop photo in your OP (it looks like the supports are 4x4 posts maybe?), and I sifted through the previous 11 pages and didn't see it (I may have overlooked it).

*edit*
or @Jayty or @woto or @Lotto , whoever knows the answer hehe. :p

Last edited:

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Progress. Was bored and just took a guess. I'm getting better at this, though I'm much more comfortable with CAD software than photo editing software. :p

It looks more like it was painted on, rather than having sheets covering covering the surface.

*edit*
Different image uploaded. For whatever reason my typo correction never made it through... /grumble

Last edited:

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
@Forde93 I have removed your post/images and all subsequent posts relating to your images. I realise you were not trying to start a religious debate, or cause any issues with other forum members, but religion can be and is a very tricky topic, so best left off forums.

The posts are still visible to the devs, staff and mods however, so they can still be viewed/considered for StN.

Eein

Backer

<3

Edit:

I am a bit curious about this though. I haven't spent much time looking at the lore, and its interesting - as a marketing professional - how variances in time and lore can really affect what goes on a billboard in a game like this.

Large factors include:
  • Time since disaster
  • Surrounding area and market
  • Population
  • Demographic
Time Since Disaster:
From the pictures i've seen of the game, it looks between weeks and a couple months since whatever disaster has taken place. I'm not sure if this enough to warrant significant wear and tear on any of the billboards, unless locals were using them to create shelter, etc.

Surrounding area and market:
Can't really comment on this, since I haven't been in the game, but seeing advertisements for buildings located in the game would be cool :)

Population:
Not sure of the estimated population, but in a smaller community, you'll less likely to see national campaign advertisements. From all the gameplay and images, this looks far out in the country - away from any metropolitan areas.

Demographic:
Could easily be said to be low to middle class in their market - You wouldn't see advertisements for rolex watches or gucci purses.

---

I feel a white labeled city/town is important, but also something you can sort of connect with. The sort of gameplay mechanics where you can state the name of a business and everyone knows what you're talking about (given that its a smaller area) would lend to an interesting level of immersion.

Just some thoughts!

Last edited:

winINC

Backer
@Forde93 I have removed your post/images and all subsequent posts relating to your images. I realise you were not trying to start a religious debate, or cause any issues with other forum members, but religion can be and is a very tricky topic, so best left off forums.

The posts are still visible to the devs, staff and mods however, so they can still be viewed/considered for StN.
Wow, seriously? So just like that no one can make posters about any religious matter or with any religious symbol in this thread anymore? That sets an... interesting precedent, to say the least.

So if I complain about someone making fat-jokes on their posters, will you hide them?

Think this through...

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Wow, seriously? So just like that no one can make posters about any religious matter or with any religious symbol in this thread anymore? That sets an... interesting precedent, to say the least.

So if I complain about someone making fat-jokes on their posters, will you hide them?

Think this through...
2 : The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:
  • Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads not in the off-topic.
Directly from the forum rules which have been in place since 12th August 2014.

A fat joke is exactly that, a joke, if however it is directly aimed at an individual with the intent to cause distress, then it would be deemed unacceptable. But on the internet no one knows who is/isn't fat, male/female, young/old, some people tell the truth in their profiles, some don't, so it's impossible to tell.

I'd advise everyone to revisit the forum rules, and re-read them.

CrystalTears83

Backer

Think this through...
Just wanted to throw my two cents in here since I'm actually one of the people who might be offended by fat jokes. (Yes. I'm telling you I'm fat because why? I don't care :p) I found the fat poster to be rather funny. My immediate thoughts went along this line: "Oh my god that's so wrong! I should be offended! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG So funny!"

Pretty much :p But after 32 years I've kinda gotten over being upset by fat jokes. There's not one I haven't heard and most fat people if they are mature and have gotten over it would likely agree -- and now days we're becoming more of a majority than a minority!

-- Also the fat poster is sadly pretty true lol. I know I'd be caught before a skinny fit person without a doubt!

LOL Soooo there ya go. Also religion, politics and race has been off limits on every forum I've ever taken part in since like... at least 1995 when I was introduced to the joys of the interwebz. Those are generally the big 3 no-nos.