• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Ziplines

Thread starter #1

TheMightyMoe

Backer
I don't know if its been suggested yet, but i would really like to see ziplines in a zombie survival game.
Just gliding over a horde of zombies to your escape vehicle!

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Any more detail on how to do this? Putting up a zip line isn't really an easy thing.

MrZoxx

Backer
What a cool idea. A terrific idea in a zombie apocalypse. Not sure how the game mechanics would wirk.
Place part of the zipline up somewhere high, place the other end of the zipline somewhere else which is slightly lower, but within a certain distance so you dont just go from one end of the map to the other.

Christian Lund

Backer
I love the idea. Would need x materials for the starting point, and the same x material for the ending point. Then you would need rope/wire inbetween, and depends on the distance you would need a certain amount.
No it isnt the most simple thing, but pulling a part out of your engine isnt a simple thing either.
Would be the most epic escape tool, gliding over a horde of zombies trashing through your house.

CptMugwash

Backer
I'd see it being more effective in a town/city area, I don't know how many big buildings there would be in this game, can't imagine there'd be many as it's set on these rural islands, you'd need a pretty tall building to gain some distance away from your base too to make it effective enough to warrant having it in the game. But it is a cool and fun idea if implemented well, a homemade zip line could be very possible.

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
It's most practical use would be to connect neighboring bases, or possibly be used to connect the rooftops of larger towns to looters can make it from house to house without having to lay a foot on the concrete.

A bit impractical, but still possible.

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Just a thought I had. Considering the grids WOULD be down, it would be safe to use power line cordage as the connecting length for zip lines. Though in all practicality and in the minds of the developers, this is a challenging and most likely time consuming, yet so not needed feature.

Ravaherpo

Backer
i could see how it would work like it did in bf hardline,shoot a launcher and it makes a zipline. they would have to be pretty rare though

DarkWolf

Class A Survivor
Backer
This would be helpful if you are shooting from the roof of a tall building and get cornered. You can set it up so you just slide down to where ever you set the other end, maybe near your car. Nice idea :)

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Me and my dad actually built a zip line in our backyard wasn't too hard. We just got a 4x4 and connected it to a large pine tree. The 4x4 was down a slope we just got some cables a zip line rig from ebay and some cement and wala zip line. Took like 5 days to build but we kinda took our time.

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
As cool as it sounds, you would probably have to be at a reasonable height just to reach the line itself, and some areas might have power enabled assuming it's been powered by someone. I don't really think ziplines would work in Survive The Nights. :/