• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Zombie filled traps

Thread starter #1

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I think we should be able to lure zeds into some kind of holding device i.e. a cage, a vehicle, a house. And then be able to release them or they get automatically released when a player trips something. This would help combat against players looting other players. Sure they can kill them all, but maybe we'll hear their gun shots which gives us enough time to get rid of them before they can loot our stuff. Since firing your weapon would also make tons of noise there's a greater chance more zeds will be hording in to kill them too.

For instance maybe you have that RV and you decide to park it somewhere and go off to hunt or something. Well before you go you can fill it up with 5 or 6 zeds. So when some unsuspecting bandit looter finally makes his way in and just runs inside he's met with brain hungry anger.

CptMugwash

Backer
Yes, it looks like there will be plenty of ways to lure zombies, in the videos they've released you see the zombies drawn out and lured to the pig leg and gas can traps. Imagine you bump into someone on your island that isn't so friendly, you can't trust them so you lure some zombies into the back of a truck and drive it to the other person's base to cause some havoc whilst they're struggling with the zeds you can steal some of their stuff. I think building a cage out of some wood or metal fence would be easy enough to do too with some kind of release mechanism that could either be tripped by a wire or manually activated.

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Just as long as you don't forget where the trap is and end up falling through yourself! but on a serious note, what happens when a server restarts? all of them zombies go *poof* ?

Thread starter #4

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
Unfortunately yes. That's just the way of the world though. Although for fixed traps or immobile traps like the cage there may be some easy back end coding that can be done to flag a certain number of zeds as in the cage so when the restart hits that same number of zeds is thrown back into the trap.

CptMugwash

Backer
Unfortunately yes. That's just the way of the world though. Although for fixed traps or immobile traps like the cage there may be some easy back end coding that can be done to flag a certain number of zeds as in the cage so when the restart hits that same number of zeds is thrown back into the trap.
Ha, I was just about to reply with something like this, I think it would be possible to save the zombies in a cage or other holding device.