• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Zombie Height

Thread starter #1

Snailzrus

Backer
I usual problem I see with most zombie games is the variance in zombie height. There isn't any. If a horde of zombies is approaching you and they happen to all be 5 foot 9, it's not hard to pop them all in the head. However if they scaled the models down slightly and up slightly. You could have a range of 5'2" up to 6'4" and have one hell of a time trying to kill a horde. Make some zombies hunched, heck if its alright with the devs they could add children zombies like "No more room in Hell". It's a pain having to look down to shoot a small zombie when you've just been shooting tall ones the whole time.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Well I don't know if they added a variation of heights for adult zombies (which would be pretty cool) but I do know that they already have kid zombies or a zombie that appeared to be a kid. (I'll put a link below with footage of a kid zombie in it). I am no game maker, but this would seem like a pretty simple thing to do, and would be an awesome addition of the game. (And hey they may already have it in the game and we just haven't noticed.) Good suggestion.

Watch from about 1:16 to 1:39, the first zombie he sees is short compared to the other one, and resembles a child.

Takaii

Backer
That be something original i like it. Hasn't been done before and yeah it adds more realism.

Zipp3n^

Backer
A very good idea! But i think thats dommetgimg that they can create after release, in a patch or something, so they can focus on other stuff first:D

Applejaxc

Backer
The children thing is a slippery slope, though, and I think too much of the dev team is European to do it (not that European game devs are too squirmish, I just think they'd like to sell to their own markets)

pedro2001

Backer
I really like this idea, other zombie survival games don't have enough variation between the mobs. 1+!
They really don't. Especially the dead linger, look it up on steam. It would definetly increase immersion. And I love being immersed in my games.

Boomerix

You shoot it, you eat it.....no exceptions....
The children thing is a slippery slope, though, and I think too much of the dev team is European to do it (not that European game devs are too squirmish, I just think they'd like to sell to their own markets)
As long as the children are Zombies it should be fine. If you could kill living children it might get banned/censored in Germany. The thing I don't understand is, if a product is 18+/adults only game, how can you justify censoring any of it' content.......okay getting too political here, but zombie kids should be fine, enough other games already did that.

Zacalog

They really don't. Especially the dead linger, look it up on steam. It would definetly increase immersion. And I love being immersed in my games.
I actually do have that game, and te zombies are really in development I that one, I do believe that are plannin in having zombie height variation, are they not? I also believe that they already have a few new zombie models in.

pedro2001

Backer
I actually do have that game, and te zombies are really in development I that one, I do believe that are plannin in having zombie height variation, are they not? I also believe that they already have a few new zombie models in.
Oh okay. Well tell the devs i'm sorry! xD It looks like a cool game. And it looks like they're focusing of gameplay more than visual stuff right now.

Phoniex6512

King
Backer
Agreed this would be awesome