• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Zombie Psychology

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Lets discuss why a zombie does what it does.

What does a zombie think?

Can a zombie sense smells?

If so is it drawn more to certain smells than others?

Are some noises more likely to draw a zombie than others?

Can different noises be tied into past life lore?

How is a zombie drawn to noise?

Do you think its instinct based?

We dont need to be strictly cannon lore here, George isn't going to come and find us lol. That's a sick joke. Lets switch the old grey matter on and start incubating ideas.

Ive got a few other ideas for threads will post shortly.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
OK, let's start with what we know about zombies in this game, they are drawn to sound and non-solar light sources. But hide in shadows from sunlight.

What do they think? My take is they have reverted to the basics of life - survive and feed. Could this be why they are drawn to light and sound? Movement nearby, sound, a light source that's unexpected could all signal food (players!). The higher the input received, the more likely to trigger a response. i.e. firing a gun is louder that accidentally slamming a door, so more chance of getting the attention of more zombies in the area.

If we look at dictionary definitions for the word zombie, we often come across the word 'mindless', hence my take that they have reverted to basic needs, just driven by the will to survive.

But I can't resist having a little dig at @DZS here. If they can smell, you'll never get attacked! All the zombies will just run away from you!