• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

zombie re spawning in houses

Thread starter #1

Iconic_Jellyfish

Backer
lets say you fortify and clear a house from zombies and leave the server and or the server restarts are the zombies going to re spawn in your house or are the zombies going to stop spawning in it if the house is fortified?

gamejunkie25th

Backer
@JB_ He brings up a good question

Moderator #5

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I think they should actually spawns from the woods and slowly progress towards noise and lights. that way towns can be empty for a short amount of time which can give you signs to how recent a player has been in the same location.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
I think perhaps zombies should spawn away from buildings and make there way into unfortified buildings over time and wandering, so when you clear out a building there is no actual spawn within the building, thats how I see it.

Last edited:

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Zombies having a set spawn location anywhere where players can access is generally bad news, I would have to agree with @Finndawg and @Lord Goose for this. The woods sound like a wonderful idea, especially if there's no reason to be in there at night. c:
I think they should actually spawns from the woods and slowly progress towards noise and lights. that way towns can be empty for a short amount of time which can give you signs to how recent a player has been in the same location.
I think perhaps zombies should spawn away and make there way into unfortified buildings over time and wandering, so when you clear out a building there is no actual spawn within the building, thats how I see it.
I think the only time a zombie should spawn in a house would be if it was a large house or a complex... The ones in the houses would be a one time spawn though...

gamejunkie25th

Backer
A one time spawn? How would that be regulated? With every server reset?
Yep... Just make the spawn only spawn 1 zombie 1 time for every time the data is wiped

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Could be a really cool idea.
Well as it was shown in a trailer there were zombies on the second floor of an unbarricaded house... Also it would only be realistic that if every now and then someone turned while in bed

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I feel that they may have some decent path mapping in play already. It's quite an undertaking to map NPC for buildings and we've already seen zeds inside buildings in videos. Although they could have been spawned/moved there for effect. But if they do have a mapping system this early in development I think we can except successful zed spawns inside buildings. I like the idea of not only clearing the outside, but the inside as well.

gamejunkie25th

Backer
I think he means if your fences have no gaps in between their entities the zombies could only spawn outside of that enclosed space

gamejunkie25th

Backer
You could encircle an entire island if you hoarded enough fences.
it would have to be limtied to say 30m like in DayZ mod..

Speaking of which the plot pole idea to mark land as "safe" would be a good idea