• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Zombie spawn In locked houses

Thread starter #1

SAXA

Hey hey,
I thought it was worth sharing something that happened to me the other day in STN.

So i was surviving the early game quite well and came across a large 2 storey house that a player had occupied. Now he had all the windows sealed and locks on the doors. He even had a car across the back door with no parts in it for extra protection.

So i stroll up with a few guns and a few tools and i want to get into this house, luckily for me when i approached the house its spawned zombies, all i had to do was aggravate them to the windows and let them do all the hard work of breaking them down.. i wouldn't have had the sufficient tools to do this myself.

Once done it was an easy climb in and i could take whatever i wanted. i felt really bad for this person though, so much effort and had done everything properly.

I wonder if its possible to make it so that zombies don't spawn when someone has locks on their doors, if they aren't supposed to then its a bug.

Anyways, thanks for reading
SAXA

JB_

Developer
Developer
Nice find and clever play on the mechanic. We're working on the core issues and spawning should be sorted in the next build.
to date the bug still exists, the zombies are generated inside the house with a lock

nzkoston

Backer
to date the bug still exists, the zombies are generated inside the house with a lock
I've found this also. Every door is locked, every window is boarded. Still come back in the evening to zombies wrecking my fortifications.

JB_

Developer
Developer
I've found this also. Every door is locked, every window is boarded. Still come back in the evening to zombies wrecking my fortifications.
With version 1.3? Many report this issue fixed and we're unable to replicate can you provide some more detail please?

Fizzelin

With version 1.3? Many report this issue fixed and we're unable to replicate can you provide some more detail please?
We are having this same issue, though I have not logged in since the hotfix today. We have a secured farmhouse east of the Addersfield Airport with locks and window fortifications, and zombies have still been spawning inside structure. In fact, we even had zombies spawn inside the house while we were in the house during the night cycle.

We were really looking forward to this change. I can provide other info if you need.

stasis

I’ve had this issue with the latest experimental. It seems to happen more often after a server restart. It does happen if I’m away from my base for too long as well. I haven’t figured out exactly what seems to trigger it. Logging in/out of the game doesn’t seem to be the trigger.